Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Center of the City

This morning we went to the mall to get things such as school supplies and toiletries.  The mall is only a block or two from the apartment so it is easy to go and get the things that we need.  Plus there are restaurants for snacks.

 After the mall, or centro comercial, we met up with my buddy from the University, Amparo.  She showed us how to use the buses, helped me to buy a phone and showed us the center of the city.  I have never seen such a beautiful city. Valencia has its own distinct culture that you do not see anywhere else.  It is entirely its own.

After a small siesta, Nancy and I walked around near the apartment.  We had a quick snack in the mall and then walked around.  Not too far from the apartment are some of Valencia's biggest tourist attractions.  There is the science museum, the aquarium, the opera house and the dried up river/park.  We walked all around and took pictures and had a nice talk.

I am so glad I am not in this alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment