Monday, November 23, 2015

A Relaxing Weekend


Yesterday, Nancy and I took a trip outside of the city to a town with a lake with our friends from Ireland, Naomi and Sarah.  Online it gave the town such a high review but after arriving, we quickly figured out that the high reviews were because it was the nearest "nature point" outside of the city.  Nevertheless, we ate our picnics down by the lake and enjoyed the fresh air.  I even was able to have an animal fix since I yet again pet a random cat on the street.  This one looked like a house cat and appeared to be much healthier than the last one.  As much as I like Valencia, I hate living in a city.  The air isn't as pure and there are too many people around.



My weekend really started on Thursday with a dinner with my Anthropology class.  I met my one classmate at the nearest metro stop and we arrived at the restaurant together.  We were on time and there were only three other people there.  The rest of my class arrived a half hour late.  They were running on Spanish time.  We ordered a variety of tapas: fries with sausage, fried cheese, breaded calamari and seasoned chicken wings, and pitchers of Sangria and beer.  It was a great time and due to the kindness of one of my classmates, I didn't have to take a taxi back home.  His parents were in the area and they live near me.  They walked another girl and I home.

No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: 4 peopleOn Friday, we had one last dinner with Matthias.  We ate at a Korean restaurant where I ordered a noodle dish with vegetables and meat.  After, we had a drink with cinnamon and other herbs which helps with digestion.  It was absolutely delicious.  Everyone went their own ways after dinner but Matthias and I went to a cafe and talked for awhile before returning home.  On Saturday, Nancy and I woke up to say "hasta luego" to Matthias and later, I went to the city center to buy more Christmas gifts for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment