Monday, November 9, 2015

Churros, Dinner and Gandía

I had a pretty good weekend.  On Friday, Matthias and I went downtown and I had the chance to try churros with chocolate.  It was so flavorful and filling that I couldn’t finish it.  The chocolate was pure melted chocolate.  It was very tasty.

On Saturday, Nancy, Matthias and I went to a restaurant for dinner.  I have been to this restaurant before and it is my favorite here in Valencia.  We ordered a jug of homemade Sangria, nachos with a cheese sauce and guacamole, seasoned meat, mushrooms, potatoes and toast with cheese fondue, stacked and seasoned vegetables with goat cheese and chicken fajitas.  The meal was absolutely delicious and I enjoyed spending time with friends.  If you are ever in Valencia, I recommend Maria Maniles for tapas.  After dinner, we went to a little café for coffee and wine.  The inside was very interesting.  It was decorated with Romanesque paintings and sculptures.  Everything was made of dark wood, including the chair and wall panels.  The ceiling was made of midnight blue velvet with good stars to represent the night sky.  It was a very cool café.


Yesterday, Nancy and I went to a small city named Gandía with our Irish friend Naomi.  We mostly walked around the historic city center.  We saw the inside of a convent that was built in the 15th century and an old church.  We also went to two museums: a museum of archaeology and a Catholic religion museum.  I really enjoyed the religious museum because it was something different.  There were different paintings and portraits of important Catholic figures and scenes from the bible.  There were different sculptures made of stone and metal.  All throughout the museum, you could hear acapella religious hymns, sung by male voices.  It was a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment