Friday, November 20, 2015

Hasta Luego

"Hasta luego" is a common phrase used here when you part ways from someone.  The direct translation is “until later” but it is used no matter who you are leaving or if you will see them again.  It is said when you leave your family to go to school.  It is said to the random person in the elevator or the cashier at the store.  It doesn’t matter if you might not see them again because who knows, you just might.
                
Tomorrow I have to say a huge “hasta luego” to my dear friend Matthias.  He is finally heading back to his home in Switzerland after spending six weeks in each of these cities: Montpelier, France; London, England; and of course Valencia.  Tonight, all four of us, Nancy, Rayni, Matthias and I, are going out to dinner to celebrate our time together in Valencia. Over the last six weeks I have had the chance to get to know him and I will miss him.  I am proud to call him my friend.  Good luck in the future, Matthias, and hasta luego.



No comments:

Post a Comment