Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Market


Friday night, Nancy and I spent time with the grand kids.  We sang Christmas carols and then they danced to some upbeat tunes, like Happy and Shake It Off.  It was so much fun and I am going to miss them a lot.

No automatic alt text available.On Saturday, I went down to the City of Arts and Sciences to see the Christmas market.  They had an ice skating rink which honestly surprised me.  It hasn't been below 55 degrees here.  Then I saw all the generators that were keeping the rink cold and it suddenly made sense to me.  The market had wooden buildings full of shops that sold jewelry, liquor, baked goods, wood works and all sorts of different things.  They also had a craft stand for little children.  After walking around the market, I decided to walk around the rest of the buildings of the City of Arts and Sciences.  Of all of the things I will miss here, this will be the place I miss the most.

Today, we had a lunch with Rosa and Jose.  We ate chicken wings in a soy sauce, salad, Iberian ham and cheese.  For dessert, we had chocolate ice cream.  I really like the chocolate ice cream here.  The chocolate flavor is much stronger.  At night, Nancy and I headed back down to the City of Arts and Sciences.  There was supposed to be a fire cracker show but when we got there, there was nothing.  Instead, we walked through the buildings and enjoyed the night lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment