Sunday, December 13, 2015

La Navidad



Image may contain: 18 people, people smiling

On Thursday, my anthropology class and I had an end of the semester party with a Secret Santa gift exchange.  We ate pizza and snacks, played a game of movie Charades and exchanged our gifts.  The movie game was quite difficult for me as all of the American movie titles have different names in Spanish and I don't know any of the Spanish-made movies. Thank you Judith for an awesome gift!

No automatic alt text available.Last night, Nancy and I went into the city center to finish our Christmas shopping and to have some Sangria before exams.  Valencia is completely decorated for Christmas, or La Navidad.  Two giant trees are set up in the two most important squares and the main roads have lights strung above them.  The one tree you can even go into.  The center was beautiful, even if it was a little crowded.

Today, all of the grandchildren came over to decorate the Christmas tree and to set up the manger and Bethlehem.  All of them dragged us in to participate and for once I was tall enough to put the star on top of the tree.  Even though I didn't get to decorate my own tree, I still was able to with my Valencian family.  I am getting excited to come home for Christmas!

Keep your eyes open this week.  Classes end Tuesday and I have a week full of activities planned before I leave Valencia!
No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment