Friday, October 2, 2015

El Hemisferic

I don't have classes on Friday so I decided to head down to the City of the Arts and Sciences.  There is a building there called the Hemisferic.  It´s the gray oval-like spherical one in my picture.  There, you can go and watch documentaries about different things.  They give you these weird things to put on your head that provides sound for the showing.  They then have you walk down this long corridor and then into the central sphere.  Inside, it is an advanced movie theater.  The seats practically go straight up a wall and are reclined.  The screen is huge.  It extends from the bottom of the theater to behind the last row of seats.  It also extends really far to either side. Basically you are laying down and watching life go on around you.  I saw one about space. The movie talked about how we look and discover things in space.  It talked about the new advances in telescopes and showed many beautiful pictures of space.  It was amazing.  It was like the stars were all around you.  I will definitely be going back before I leave Valencia.

No comments:

Post a Comment