Thursday, October 8, 2015

El Puente

Today was the tradition day of class.  We are learning medical terms in my Spanish grammar class and in my history class, we are talking about Christopher Columbus.  Did you know that Christopher Columbus had actually asked the King of Portugal before he asked the monarchs of Spain? When he landed in our hemisphere, he actually landed in the Bahamas.  We started a movie about him, too, even though it has some historical inaccuracies. And then I waited for my other class and SURPRISE! It was cancelled....somehow I always miss the memo.  Tonight, we were are going down to the mall for some free dinner.

This weekend is very special for Valencia.  First of all, it is a long weekend.  They use the word "puente" to describe it, which translates to "bridge."  Tomorrow marks the anniversary of when the Christian Kingdoms retook Valencia from the Moors.  There is supposed to be a large parade, representing the Christians chasing out the Moors.  Then on Saturday, we are off to Barcelona! I can't wait!

So, keep looking for some blog posts tomorrow and Monday! And, of course, pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment