Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Horses and Homework

So last week I got a message from my host father about an event going on over the weekend in the dried up riverbed/park.  It was a horse event.  So I made Nancy walk about a half hour with me in the heat so I could go pet some ponies.  There wasn't much there but pony rides and a tiny Friesian show but I did look at the tack stall and I was able to pet a horse! And, on the way back, I was able to pet a very friendly stray pregnant cat.  It felt good to be able to pet some animals.  I really miss mine.

The last two days were filled with classes and my internship.  In my Spanish class we are studying comparisons.  In my society class we had a debate about if it was humane and relevant to still having the running of the bulls.  In my history course, we are continuing our talk about the Moors and watching the movie El Cid, one of the great warriors of the Christian Kingdoms.  The movie portrays him as an honorable man but in reality, he was a mercenary.  In my anthropology class today, we were watching a movie in Spanish.  So I asked if we could have Spanish subtitles.  Usually I am fine if I can read what I am listening to.  Well when the boy that was setting up the movie was doing it, he put on Spanish subtitles but then accidentally changed the sound to English!  He played it and everyone was like Oh Please No!  My teacher just looked at me and laughed.  The rest of my nights have been taken up with homework and my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment