Sunday, September 20, 2015

Bioparc

I have been sick for the last few days and even though I am still a little bit under the weather, I still went to the Bioparc.  The Bioparc is an African Zoo.  They have animals from all over Africa.  We started in Madagascar.  We walked through a set of doors and we saw nothing.  We were just about to walk away when I looked up and there sat a ring-tailed lemur.  All of the small monkeys were in the trees above us!  It was so cool!

We then moved to the Equatorial Forrest where we saw gorillas and chimpanzees and all sorts of different animals.  Basically you follow this long path throughout the park and sometimes you come across "fallen trees" and you walk through and see a different view of the animals.  After we went through that part we went to the Savannah.  There were at least ten giraffes.  There also were rhinos and zebras and crocodilles and much more.  I was very disappointed that they only had one elephant on exhibit and he was hidden behind some trees.

My favorite part of the Bioparc was the lion exhibit.  We couldn't see the male lion but we did see the cub.  He was stalking a bird and went to chase it when all of a sudden his mother ran over and pinned him down.  She cleaned him and they played.  Then he went back to stalking things and sure enough, Mom came back over.  It was adorable.  When I get home, I really want to go to the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment