Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Work and Play

Yesterday was the first day of my internship,  but first I had the morning free.  Nancy and I decided to go to the mall and buy anything else that we needed.  I then had to take the bus by myself.  My internship is at the International House Valencia where I have a class.  It is also the organization that put me with this host family.  There I serve as a receptionist.  Yesterday I had to go through all the biographies of the host families and make sure the English translation sounded natural.  Some of them didn't have an English instructions and I had to translate.  Sometimes I have to go on errand to the other school for things such as folders or drop off notes in teacher mailboxes.  Today I have to do the same thing.

This morning we did a dry run to one of the buildings of the University.  We have welcome day there tomorrow and we wanted to make sure we knew where it was.  On the way we saw a beautiful castle that was in the middle of the neighborhood.  You are walking and then, bam! There is it!  
On the way back from the university we stopped and tried a drink called Orxata which is very common in Valencia.  It is a milk made from nuts and is very similar to coconut milk.  It was so good! There are carts of it all over the city.

Tomorrow we have welcome day at the college and classes Friday....let the stress of school begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment