Wednesday, September 9, 2015

El Oceanografic

Today I was able to see my very good friend David.  For those who do not know him, David has stayed in my home for a month during the last two summers.  He is from Segovia, Spain.  His family was in the province of Valencia this weekend and decided to visit me.  We went to the Oceanografic.
It is the largest aquarium in Europe and it just happens to be within ten minutes of me.  The first floor is outside.  There are many different buildings and then you go down some stairs and there are aquariums.  There were fish from all over the world there.  There were penguins and beluga whales.  The one beluga whale was playing with a Jolly ball.  One of those toys currently lives in the corner of my horse's stall.  There were jelly fish and seals.  The word for jelly fish in Spanish is "la medusa."  The word completely makes since to me.  The Greek monster, Medusa, has long moving hair and so does a jellyfish!  There were sharks and dolphins.  I watched a man ride a dolphin like a surfboard.  My favorite part was walking through the tunnels.  You go down this hallway and all around you is the aquarium.  Fish and sharks swim above you and to the sides of you.  It was amazing!  I loved meeting David's parents and I was very to happy to get to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment