Thursday, September 24, 2015

Visit with the Doctor

For those who have met me, you know that I am always coughing, whether I am healthy or.  For those who really know me, you know that I usually I am sick often and when I get a cold, most of the times, it's not just a cold.  I seem to be making it a habit to have to go to a doctor wherever I live, home, Nazareth (the Wellness Center staff know me by name) and now Valencia.

Last week I began my week with a cold and this week it was still not gone...or getting any better.  So I called the nearest health center.  The receptionist only spoke Spanish but I was able to make an appointment for today.  When I got to the health center, I had a different receptionist who also didn't speak English.  Somehow, I was able to understand enough to give her my identification card and my insurance card.

Next, I was very lucky... my doctor spoke some English.  I brought my pill bottles with me and I was able to communicate that I was allergic to Ibuprofen.  She checked my throat and when she got to my ears, I heard an "ahh."  Just as I suspected, I have an ear and throat infection.  I was given an antibiotic that I luckily know.

What is different about their health system is that you take your prescription right to a pharmacy.  It doesn't matter what pharmacy.  You hand it to them, they go in back and grab your drug.

I am already feeling better and I am on my way to recovery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment